Saturday, October 24, 2015

Cradle Cap Treatment


     Brooks had seemingly perfect skin and hair from Day 1, but a couple of weeks ago we noticed he was starting to get a flaky scalp. I realized it was cradle cap, but wasn't sure exactly how to go about treating it. I saw a few different places say to just leave his shampoo on a little bit longer in the bath, and use the comb on his hair before & after the bath as well. I tried both of those things, but it wasn't seeming to work, and the cradle cap was getting worse.

       I saw a few different places mention using coconut oil, but a variety of different methods of use in terms of when & how long to leave it on for. I tried a few different ways, and I seem to have found the perfect remedy! It may not work for everyone, but its worth a shot. We use Spectrum Organic Coconut Oil to treat it. We use this to cook with too, so it was nice that we already had it in the house! You can get a jar of it at Target or a grocery store for around $7.00, but it lasts a while!! We love cooking with it, and using it in place of Olive Oil. It's healthier and works great.

       The coconut oil is a solid in the jar, at room temperature depending on how warm whenever you're storing it is. When you run the jar under warm/hot water it will liquefy. All I did was liquefy it in the jar, scoop some out and put it on my hands, then rub it all over his hair and scalp. I let it sit for about 5-10 minutes before putting him in the bath! Once I got him in the bath, I combed it through his hair, and then shampooed it but left the shampoo sit in his hair until his bath was over. Once I rinsed it at the end, things already looked better!



       I used the coconut oil to treat the cradle cap, every other bath. So, every other day, and it was cleared up 100% in just a week! I noticed a huge difference just after the first 1-2 uses of it and I couldn't believe it! Now his scalp looks amazing, with no sign of the cradle cap! 







No comments:

Post a Comment